Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday Track - A Change Up

I have to admit that I have been feeling a certain degree of angst over slacking off on Tuesday's track workout.  Wind or no wind, JT powered through on Tuesday's crappy weather so I figured I had to do something to make up for it.

Tonight should have been 6x200m with 200m RBI like most Thursday's but I figured a happy medium and penance for dropping the 800's on Tuesday would be 10x400m with 200m RBI so that is what I did.  I have to say that after weeks of doing 800's and 200's, 400's are a real different kind of stress on the system.

Anyway... tonight... One mile warmup, 10x400m with 200m RBI then a one mile cool down.  86,84, 87, 89, 87, 88, 89, 87, 88, 87.  I didn't mind the cold and snow.  I would much rather have that than the nasty wind that we had on Tuesday night.  I finished that last one and I have to say that I was pretty damned happy.  My goal was to keep all of the repeats under 90 seconds and I was pleasantly surprised to do that.



I am enjoying watching my HR data.  Those would be the red lines on the graph above.  This is from today's workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment