Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday Track - That Was Rough

One hell of a day.  It began with dropping Asia off at 7:30 for surgery, a 9:00 dentist appointment, work, getting Asia, paying for that and then getting her home and settled.

Fortunately I was able to take a quick nap between the time that Melissa came home and before she left.  I had not realized just how tired I was but I was out as soon as I was flat on the bed.... You know when you are so tired that when you close your eyes you almost immediately start dreaming?  Yeah I was that tired.

But after my nap and after Melissa left and after making sure that Asia was alright and settled into her crate I headed off to the track.  Slightly breezy as usual in Manitou but it was nice and warm.

I had a hard time deciding what I would do tonight but eventually decided to stick the 400's routine... One mile warmup, 10x400m with 200m RBI then a one mile cool down. 88, 85, 88, 87, 90, 89, 89, 89, 89, 93.  I just could not hang on for that last one.  I felt it drifting but could not increase the speed at all.  They can't all be winners, ya know?

On a good note... I am a flossing fiend and that has definitely cut back on the time sitting in the chair at the dentist's office every six months.  I can usually be in and out with my checkup and cleaning in about an hour, maybe slightly less.  This past spring I started using the Sonicare toothbrush and coincidence or not, I was out of the office this morning probably 10-15 minutes faster than usual.  So if anyone is thinking of getting one I highly recommend it!

Too weird... but funny.




1 comment:

  1. holy crap. LOL. Glad I had the earphones in here at work.

    ReplyDelete