Saturday, March 2, 2013

Track Day, Sorta

Did 13 miles on the track today... three mile warmup to 135 BPM, then two miles between 135 and 145 BPM, then a continuous 8 miles averaging in the mid 140's for a MAF test.  Not the results that I was looking for today but I think the wind out of the south and east had enough of an impact to skew some things.  Regardless I turned it into an awesome 21 mile day total with a strong MAF focus so that was cool.

While at the track this guy was there running repeats (half mile) and then hopping on his trainer and spinning a bit.  That was something that I had never seen before.  Anyway... a decent day and the weather was great.  Long ride tomorrow and with the weather it should be fun.

Track Stand Trainer.  You're doing it right!

Me? Not so much.  My ghetto setup.  The track stand is vintage early 80's but  it works and that's what counts!

7 comments:

  1. Ha what a contrast.But in the end a trainer workout is a trainer workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have a trainer, so I have to covet yours. Looks like it works just fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Larry... yeah trust me, my little setup kills me on the right workout. It really makes me laugh at how rediculously simple of a setup it is and how much it can kick my ass, really. I thought that was why you bought the classic bike Tim, to put it on a track stand? Or are you just riding it to save your nice bike?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, to save the race bike. It's actually a blast to ride (though maybe not in 30mph winds).

    ReplyDelete
  5. 13 miles on the track? You've lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog IS called Running In Circles, Brownie.

    ReplyDelete