Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Monday - COS Round Trip

Left Aspen at 5:00 a.m. Monday morning and drove to Colorado Springs via 70, 9, and 24.  Liberated the Trek from Pro Cycling when they opened at 10:00 and I also bought a new tire to replace the one that I tore up on the Cannondale on Sunday.

Got to check on the house.  Everything looks good.  Watered the crap out of everything.  The front looks a little dry but overall the yard is in great shape.

Had a great visit with Annie.  We were able to run some errands together and meet up with JT for lunch at King's Chef.  The highlights of the day.

Back to the house and loaded up the Jeep.  It was crammed full of stuff and the wilderness rack on top was loaded up too, including Melissa's bike strapped to the top.  Looking like something out of the Grapes of Wrath, drove home retracing the route of the morning. Basically made it home 15 hours after I left in the morning.  A very long day.

Melissa and I went to Grand Junction on Saturday and we both commented after getting back home just how much that trip made us appreciate where we live now.  Well, if the trip to Grand Junction made me appreciate Aspen more then yesterday's trip definitely confirmed to me that I am in no uncertain terms living where I am supposed to be now.  Aspen, Pitkin County, this is now my home.  I don't think I can ever leave now.  This isn't just a new chapter in my life, this is a new book altogether.  

I am tired from the trip but thankfully not sore.  It will be interesting to see how the running goes later today.  It will probably take a few days to recover from the trip. 

Normal training stuff for the rest of the week.  I have to get the bikes worked on some.  New tire put on the Cannondale and just some minor TLC on the Trek and I also need to tweak the fitting on the Trek as it now has a new seat post.  But maybe not, Brian and Pro Cycling got it pretty dialed in and close though so it could be right. I also brought up my fly rods and fishing gear.  I hope to get some time on the river this weekend or later in the week. 

The east side of the Mosquito Range looking from CO 9.  As you can see there is a lot of snow.  Leadville is on the other side of the range. 
It's good to be home. 

1 comment:

  1. love that we are both writing new books this year! Hope we can share some chapters!

    ReplyDelete