Friday, May 9, 2014

Goodbye Spring and Sunshine. See You Next Tuesday.

Well, it was good while it lasted.
Well, we had two warm days at least.  The weather has been slowly deteriorating all week and now the forecast for the next few day's is less than optimal.

Yesterday was crazy.  I was supposed to ride outside but then having looked at the forecast decided that maybe planning an indoor ride might be a better idea.  But in the morning I took Asia for a walk to the park and it was sunny and although not super warm out I figured if I layered up I could go ahead and ride outside. So after Asia's walk I came home and started getting ready to ride.

Without warning the apartment turned dark inside.  Like dusk almost.  I looked outside and it was a blizzard.  I should have stuck to my original plan!  Anyway, changed again out of of my layers to ride outside, packed my bag and headed to the gym to ride indoors.  I watched the weather change dozens of times in the 90 minutes that I was riding on the trainer.  Snow, rain, blowing snow, sunshine, wind, and so on, and so on.

My right knee ended up a little tweaked this week so I bailed on last night's run to rest it some.  Good call.  It felt much better this morning so I was able to run today.  I took it easy and kept things flat and mostly on dirt.  It will be fine for the longer mileages this weekend, running in the snow.

But anyway, I am ready for the weather to get "normal" if there is such a thing anymore.  Last night I found myself studying weather maps trying to figure out the shortest drive to some warm weather for a few days.  Maybe Arizona would be nice?

I've been binge watching Wilfred this week while Melissa is in Seattle.  Pretty funny stuff!  This video is NSFW!


No comments:

Post a Comment