Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't written in a while and really there is not a lot to say. Things have been progressing well over the past few weeks with my long runs increasing from 12 miles to 15, to 20, to 31.1 and being able to handle the distances and recover after the run.

The left leg is doing great still so that issue is gone. Overall some tweaks and pings here and there but at these mileages it is to be expected. I ran five miles this morning and it felt no different than the mid week runs from last week.

Going to Lake City to run the San Juan Solstice in three weeks or so and I can not wait. I am super excited. This will be my first race since Salida. This race will be a great confidence booster. I have a rather solid pace/plan in place and if the weather cooperates I intend to drop an hour from last years time. That won't be hard as long as I don't screw around at the aid stations too long. Haha.

Just over 12 weeks to go until Leadville. Had dinner and discussions about the race with my friend Ray who is running it for the first time this year. I think if things keep going the way they are for both of us, we are both going to have a great run up there come August.

Things are going well... Let's keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment