Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bouncing Back

Today is the first day this week that I am not sore or achy from this past weekends 28 and 22 mile runs. I am actually feeling pretty good overall.

Tuesday's run was pure hell. I don't think that I have ever run in such a horrible wind, ever. Somehow I managed to eek out 12.5 miles but as I said, it was hell. I was so close to quitting about mile four. Really.

I will hit my March goal of 250 miles this weekend while I am in MD. More that likely on Saturday morning about midway through the National in Washington D.C.

Since I will be back east this weekend I am planning on another Appalachian Trail run. This will be a 20 miler, first thing, early on Friday morning from South Mountain (Washington Monument State Park) to Harpers Ferry, WV. I've run this section before and really enjoy it. I love running and following the white blazes that mark that trail.

Allergies are going full tilt right now. With it being so dry, coupled with the horrible winds we've had, it's a wonder that I can even function. The pollen counts are damned near off the charts too. Thank God for Claritin and that I only have to deal with this shit 2-3 weeks out of every year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment