Thursday, July 3, 2014

Some Cool Stuff

Happy 4th of July everyone.  Let's try to not burn down the state this weekend, okay?

Got the front forks on the Trek serviced at Cycles of Life here in Leadville.  They kept it over night and when I went to get it this morning, Drew, they guy who worked on it, wheeled it out for me.  I was shocked!  He actually cleaned it too.  Just one of those little customer service touches that can make a person's day.  I told him that looked like bike that I would buy!  He joked that he would sell it to me... pretty funny. 

I don't remember the last time it was this clean if ever.  When he rolled it out I am sure my eyes lit up like kid on Christmas morning.
Of course it didn't stay clean for long... maybe, 30 minutes as I went up on the 50 MTB and rode for a bit, 31 miles. Wore my new riding shoes today which are the same as the old ones but new and I was shocked at the difference.  I would have never guessed that new cycling shoes can be as much of a treat as running in new running shoes can be.  The old shoes will be used for indoor trainer rides from now now on after I change the cleats.  They had 3600 miles on them.

Intervals on the bike between 11K and 12K are hard.

My June numbers are not as voluminous as I was anticipating and definitely don't compare to last year so much.  But I think the quality exceeds last year and the vertical definitely does for both running and riding.

27 Hours Biking
240 Miles on the Bike

31 Hours Running
159 Miles Running


No comments:

Post a Comment