Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Elk Don't Know What Cigars Smell Like

Wow... I can't believe it is September already and damned near 1/2 through the month at that. Of course Leadville is over and I have been gone and have returned from my annual pilgrimage to the high country. Ten days of hunting, fishing, campfires, rain, snow, sun, cigars, and everything else. I got to rest a lot, read, see some gorgeous country and just relax for ten days. I also got homesick too but that's another story.

I am home and slowly reintegrating myself back in my life. I am running again but no great distances yet. I am still recovering from a fall when I was up camping that is slowing me down. I am also waiting on a replacement Garmin cradle so I can charge my Garmin which has been dead since losing my older charger cradle.

I feel like I am floating without any specific goals or objectives right now. It is funny because this fall is a lot like last fall in that sense. The huge difference is that I don't have the DNF hanging over my head like I did last year.

I'll figure it out sooner or later I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Work on getting that base during the off season. Whatever next year brings, it'll be epic!

    ReplyDelete