Monday, April 29, 2013

2013 Prelimary Training Numbers

Out curiosity tonight I decided to look at my overall training volume for 2013 compared to 2012 at this same time last year. 

By April 29, 2012 I had run 1054 miles.  Of course the bike was nowhere in play at this time nor was it on the scope at all.

This year...  April, 29, 2013, I have 897 miles on the bike and 730 miles running.  The miles on the bike isn't 100% accurate because there were many miles logged on the trainer and they don't show up but for the sake of argument this is close enough.

Since two miles of biking equals about one mile of running (maybe) that means the cycling added about 450 miles to the running volume which puts me above 1100 miles for the year... so the total is a lot like this time last year.  I guess that is the overall point that I am trying to make.

I slept a lot today.  Paul Doyle called me this morning and went for a quick ride over in Red Rocks. I broke off after an hour or so and headed home then went back to sleep again until right before my shift tonight.  I could not believe just how hot it was out today.  Not just warm... HOT!  Even more so I can't believe that it is going to snow again on Wednesday.

Rode the Cannondale today and damn... that thing loves to climb.  I still think the fit is a touch off but I am not going to worry about that until after we get back from Mexico.  That bike is fast, I will say that.

Easy week I think this week as I will be mostly riding before going to Mexico and I will be only running down there... I can't wait to run all around the island exploring everyday.  That is going to be a blast!  I plan to map my runs to go to specific Myan ruins on the island each time I go out.  It will be a great way to find all of the ruins and to see as much of the island as I can.

Stained glass work from Cozumel. It seemed like it would make a neat photo so I shot it.



4 comments:

  1. Dang, my bike probably weighs 10 lbs more than yours! Snow on May 1st - charming. I'll be back in Fruita so the weather here can f-off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven miles of biking = one mile of running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought it was 3-1 myself which makes more sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7-1. And that doesn't include the damage to your manhood for shaving your legs and wearing spandex.

    ReplyDelete