Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is it? Exactly?

When Brandon and I were climbing the Peak on Sunday I found this item lying amongst the rocks. At first my mind wanted to make it a light-sabre but I knew that even I could never be so lucky. No, it is a rocket of some sort or maybe even a flare, spent from the many New Years fireworks shows from the summit of Pikes Peak.

Here is the first view of the object with the tail-fins retracted. Of course there is not a nose cone on it anymore.


Here is another view with the fins deployed and how I found it laying on the rocks. Seriously my mind wanted to believe it was a light-sabre!

And here is the business end, the rocket engine and nozzles viewed from behind the fins as they are deployed.

So if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. Potentially an M159 Star Cluster Flare.

    http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-23-30/ch5.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Not exactly something Adaman probably meant to leave behind.

    ReplyDelete