Sunday, June 29, 2014

In Leadville

It's been a pretty good week this past week.  Lots of good training to be sure.  So many things have happened that I'd like to write about but I am pretty wiped and the creative/writing part of me is not too communicative right now. 

Thursday was awesome 47 mile ride over St. Kevins, up and over Sugarloaf and down the Power Lines, then turned around and went back the way I came.  That climb on St. Kevins did not get any easier over the past year. 

Saturday was a nice 26 mile run with my friend Jeff from Aspen.  He made the trek over to run something different.  It was nice to have the company.

Today was a 20 miler that sort of went to hell about mile 16 and stayed that way until the last mile.  I was able to make the last mile have some quality to it.  Damned glad when that run was over.

Acclimating to Leadville air seems to be more challenging than in the past.  But I have had two really good nights of sleep the past two nights so that tells me that things are starting to normalize.

I'll be here another week and will head back to Aspen next Sunday.  The Trek has an appointment at Velo Cycles next Monday to get tuned up and race ready for the 12th.

8:36 on the bike.  11:26 running.

No comments:

Post a Comment