Monday, March 18, 2013

The Magic of a Warm Hat

It is Monday night, day two of work for the week starts in 16 minutes.  Watching The Bates Motel on A&E and it's actually pretty good I think.

Pretty good training week last week.  Saturday's long run got a little involved as the weather turned mid-run to rain and cold. It was so weird to actually smell rain  as it definitely is not a common thing in Colorado anymore, rain or the smell of rain.  Anyway, the weather got cold, wet and windy as I was coming back through GOG on my way home.

I stopped at the top of three hours... added another layer, gloves and hat and then I was perfectly comfortable the whole way home.  That hat really did the trick and made the biggest difference overall.  Without it I bet the last hour of running would not have nearly as pleasant.

Decent numbers last week training.  79.2 miles riding, 56.15 running.  Funny though, it comes out to 6:19 of riding and 9:27 of running.

I had the most awesome ride last Thursday too.  40+ miles and I was all over the place.  I am finding lately that I am enjoying the bike more and more.  Not only am I enjoying it, I feel like I am getting better and better on each ride.   The funny thing is that I am starting to feel that I am getting stronger on the bike than I am at running.  It could be a function that we have been working mostly on the bike these past few months or it could be a sign that my talents (if any) might not be in running after all.  We will see.

I bet in about eight weeks these numbers will be mild in comparison.  Fourteen weeks and five days till the Leadville Marathon, the first race in the 2013 Leadman Series. 




No comments:

Post a Comment