Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday... Eight Miles 1:07:35

I was able to take a break in the middle of the day today to go run. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Should I do a hard workout or an easy one? What did I do yesterday? What did I do the day before? Ugh...

Finally settled on a mix... a hard run on easy terrain, so off to Monument Valley Park I went. Trying to keep it in the 8 min/mile range and succeeded.

I have about 25 miles to go in the next five days to get 200 miles for the month of January. I am excited. Of course I will go over by a few and that is okay.

Waiting, waiting, waiting on the Hardrock lottery. Last count, 550 applicants. That is 120 more than they had last year and that is with two weeks left until the drawing. I'm already planning on not getting in. My luck just isn't that good. On the flip side though, Annie says that knowing hers, Erich's and Melissa's luck I WILL get in as they would be my crew for the event. We will see.

Pretty much the plan is to maybe back off a bit after the lottery if I don't get in, reassess the situation and then make the San Juan Solstice 50 mile my event for the year. Train my ass off and maybe... maybe... be able to come in under 12 hours. I think 12.5 is more realistic but we will see.

I have also unofficially/officially/committed to pace in the LT100 come August. I am excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment